Our Final Video

CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW TO GO LEXI GRACE'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

OUR FINISHED ALBUM COVER

OUR FINISHED ALBUM COVER

Friday, September 10, 2010

Personal Consumption of Music

I don't personally have a daily music routine, because it mostly rests with my mood what kind of music I feel like listening to, but there are definitly certain times of the day when some music is more suitable - for example in the morning on the way to school I'll listen to something upbeat with lyrics I can sing along to to wake me up and in the afternoons on the journey home, or just before bed I preffer to listen to less obtrusive music as this tends to be when I reflect on my day. If I'm out at a club or a party I like loud music that fills the room with a highly-charged atmosphere and makes me want to dance - it becomes less about the lyrics and more about the beat. If I was out at a more low-key gathering however with less people I'd preffer the music to be more of a sound-track than an event, because I like to be able to talk to people and hear what they're saying etc.

Who I listen to my music with, again, depends on my mood. With my friends I'll listen to music we have in common, like artists we all like, or we'll introduce one another to new songs, but sometimes I do preffer to just have my iPod in and listen to the music for myself, particularly if I'm in a more quiet mood.

On the way to school or if I'm out walking to somwhere I'll listen to music through my iPod, and if I'm at home I'll use my iPod speakers, computer, or radio. I particularly like to listen to music when I'm getting ready to go out as it energizes me or gets me in the mood to go out. I can't really listen to it while I do homework as it makes me lose concentration, and I usually just end up downloading more music online. Hands down though, seeing music live is my favourite form of music consumption. It's something about the atmosphere and the close proximity, the noise, and being surrounded by people with the same music interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment