Our Final Video

CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW TO GO LEXI GRACE'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

OUR FINISHED ALBUM COVER

OUR FINISHED ALBUM COVER

Monday, July 5, 2010

Thoughts/reflections on the course so far

Photobucket


At first I was sceptical about the choice of song for our music video project - I thought the song was too cutesy and that I would start to find it annoying. However after having listened to some of the various people who have come in to talk to us about the project, I have realised that it is not always important to love the song. In the music industry, there will never be a guarantee that you will like the artist's music that you are asked to direct for, you just have to make the best of it - possibly with a better overview as you will be objective to the song - so this is good practice for the real world.

Jake's talk was extremely beneficial. I found it interesting to learn more about the way a shoot works, and picked up some useful information such as the fact that real music videos are also shot over the space of a day, and that big stars rarely perform the trickier dance moves in their videos - their faces are superimposed onto the bodies of professional dancers. I am looking forward to learning more from him on the day of the shoot itself.

Jasmine's dance sessions have also been really helpful - I think I've learnt to be a little bit less embarrassed by my awful dancing in front of my friends and just have a laugh instead. Overall, I'm starting to look forward to the shoot a lot more. I'm interested to see how it will all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment