Our Final Video

CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW TO GO LEXI GRACE'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE

OUR FINISHED ALBUM COVER

OUR FINISHED ALBUM COVER

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Evaluation Question 4: Have the lip sync tasks benefitted you in any way?





The lip sync tasks, although obviously not particularly well thought out in terms of costume, setting, narrative etc., as they were intended just as practices, taught me a lot. Most importantly I think was to relax in front of the camera, and be more comfortable being a bit stupid and getting involved. They also taught me a lot about the importance of varying shots - when me and George watched back the clips of us singing 'Never had a Dream Come True' straight at the camera without any variation we realised how boring it would be if we didn't add more variations in, eg. close-ups, tracking shots, mid shot, long shots etc., which instantly livened it up and kept it interesting.

Photobucket
I also learnt how to edit the clips so that the movement of the lips matched the singing on the track, and although this was fiddly and time-consuming at first it came far more naturally the more I practiced. There was a lot more freedom to mess about with cutting up shots with the lip syncs, which I think is true for all music videos - as long as you get plenty of footage and shot variety there is a lot of free reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment